Helping children to establish healthy eating habits
Here are some guidelines to add enjoyment to your meals, support your digestive system and make sure that you get the most nutrition possible from your food.
- SIT WHILE EATING
- SET A NICE INVITING TABLE, POSSIBLY LIGHT A CANDLE
- PRACTICE GRATITUDE WITH A PRAYER
While you are Eating
- CHEW FOOD 40-52 SECONDS PER BITE UNTIL LIQUID CONSISTENCY IS ACHIEVED.
- DRINK AWAY FROM MEAL TIME TO ALLOW FOR PROPER FOOD DIGESTION AND DIGESTIVE ENZYME FUNCTION.
- BE FULLY PRESENT AND TURN OFF DISTRACTIONS LIKE TELEVISION
- Realize that you are your child’s most influential role model.
- Take a moment to reflect on what you really want for your children.
- Remember that it takes 90 days to establish a habit, and practice is the key.
- Patience will be challenged, but trust that your positive intentions will bring forth creative ideas for implementing shifts that you and your family feel good about.
- Include your kids in the process of creating recipes, especially with ideas for school snacks and lunches.
- Create healthier version of recipes your family already loves by adding more vegetables, using unprocessed ingredients, or using less fat.
- Cultivate appreciation around food that is grown in nature by emphasizing the importance and livelihood of all beings, including animals.
- Be curious about how and where does the food grow?